Expert-based consulting services that inform and optimize your demand-side management programs
Each utility faces a unique combination of regional electric supply and demand conditions—which have nuanced implications for the objectives and success of their demand side management (DSM) initiatives. Utilities and other industry stakeholders can take advantage of EnerNOC’s expertise to gain deeper market insights and to better understand what it takes to more fully engage their customers in energy efficiency and other demand-side programs.
Utilities around the world view the EnerNOC Utility Solutions™ consulting team as trusted advisors, working collaboratively with them at every stage of the DSM program lifecycle to achieve their program objectives. Our Utility Solutions consulting team helps our clients accurately plan, design, and implement effective DSM programs that achieve cost-effective energy and demand savings.
Gain actionable insights from our DSM experts
The EnerNOC Utility Solutions consulting team has decades of combined experience in the utility DSM industry, including dozens of renowned experts who joined EnerNOC in 2011 through our acquisition of Global Energy Partners, formerly a subsidiary of the Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI). We provide objective expertise, insight, and analysis to investor-owned utilities, public power entities, government bodies, and regulatory agencies. Our consulting services deliver a comprehensive spectrum of solutions from assessing market potential, to designing effective programs, supporting program implementation, and measuring program results.
Objective, confidential energy efficiency and demand-side consulting services
Our consulting engagements are managed and delivered by a seasoned, interdisciplinary team—including professional electrical, mechanical, chemical, civil, industrial, and environmental engineers, as well as economists, business planners, project managers, market researchers, load research professionals, and statisticians. To ensure privacy of utility data and planning information, the EnerNOC Utility Solutions consulting team operates independently from our demand response and energy efficiency program implementation teams, and each engagement is treated with utmost confidentiality.
DSM consulting services based on deep engagement with C&I energy users
All of our consulting services are grounded in a deep understanding of utility C&I customer segments, best practices in program design, and rigorous analysis and evaluation methodologies. Our core energy efficiency and demand-side consulting solutions include:
- Potential Studies and Market Assessment – Energy efficiency and demand response potential assessments, market characterizations, end-use modeling and forecasting, and integrated resource planning (IRP) support
- Program Design – Development and analysis of energy efficiency and demand response pilots and programs: load research, benchmarking, baseline review, energy efficiency / demand response and smart grid pilot program design, strategic energy management (SEM) program design, technical assessment, and training
- Program Implementation Support – Engineering support including greenhouse gas (GHG) management services, and emerging technologies assessment and pilot programs
- Program Evaluation – Process and impact evaluation of energy efficiency / demand response programs including pilot program evaluation, third party evaluation, measurement and verification (M&V), and regulatory support
- Load Analysis – Load research sample design and analysis, load forecasting, statistical design, and analysis of smart grid-enabled pilots and programs